VALUABLE FINANCIAL LINKS
My Mom's filing system was a reflection of her
30 years of mortgage banking and another several years of nursing. The Dewey
Decimal Dude would be proud. (I chuckle knowing that some of you have no idea
what the Dewey Decimal System is.) However, the last few years, it became
obvious she wasn't thinking clearly and no longer cared. I had 4 desks and a
garbage bag to sort through. Here are the folks who saved my sanity.
HR Block - Premium located on Bee Ridge Rd has a Master Tax Advisor named Merilynn and she was a godsend. Granted, she has been doing my mom's taxes for several years, however, she answered all of my questions, she cleared up some false paper trails that my mom had started at home but never completed, she found an IRA that was previously undiscovered. In short, she had my best interests at heart and stepped outside her job discription more than once to get the job done.
Iberia Bank - University Pkwy was one of the banks my mom used. Of her 4 accounts, I was co-owner of one of the accounts which I paid her debts from both before and after her passing. This branch allowed me to move funds that were not mine, not once but twice. After I paid bills from these funds, I received threatening phone calls daily to restore those funds immediately or there would be legal action. Then, without forewarning, they deleted my internet banking account and prevented me from paying bills from a distance. Because of their errors and inflexibility, I had to quit my job in Chicago and come down here AND I had to acquire legal defense. With that being said, your mileage may vary.
Cheryl T. Rhodes, CPA is a no nonsense, through and patient person who helped my complete my mom's taxes. There were folders of potential documents that she sifted through and assembled so that the return was ready the following week. She also reviewed my own taxes and discovered mistakes that were made by a professional, nationwide company. Her personal touch has encouraged me to run both my personal and professional tax needs through her.
Susan J Keeton, CPA - is a very down to earth, approachable professional who has a depth of knowledge that inspires trust within the first 10 minutes of meeting her. She is also a Forensic Accountant so solving problems is second nature for her. I presented to her as a discombobbled client that represented a person, two companies, and an estate. Her calm but thorough nature was exactly what a person in crisis needed. I am throughly pleased with her assistance.
HR Block - Premium located on Bee Ridge Rd has a Master Tax Advisor named Merilynn and she was a godsend. Granted, she has been doing my mom's taxes for several years, however, she answered all of my questions, she cleared up some false paper trails that my mom had started at home but never completed, she found an IRA that was previously undiscovered. In short, she had my best interests at heart and stepped outside her job discription more than once to get the job done.
Iberia Bank - University Pkwy was one of the banks my mom used. Of her 4 accounts, I was co-owner of one of the accounts which I paid her debts from both before and after her passing. This branch allowed me to move funds that were not mine, not once but twice. After I paid bills from these funds, I received threatening phone calls daily to restore those funds immediately or there would be legal action. Then, without forewarning, they deleted my internet banking account and prevented me from paying bills from a distance. Because of their errors and inflexibility, I had to quit my job in Chicago and come down here AND I had to acquire legal defense. With that being said, your mileage may vary.
Cheryl T. Rhodes, CPA is a no nonsense, through and patient person who helped my complete my mom's taxes. There were folders of potential documents that she sifted through and assembled so that the return was ready the following week. She also reviewed my own taxes and discovered mistakes that were made by a professional, nationwide company. Her personal touch has encouraged me to run both my personal and professional tax needs through her.
Susan J Keeton, CPA - is a very down to earth, approachable professional who has a depth of knowledge that inspires trust within the first 10 minutes of meeting her. She is also a Forensic Accountant so solving problems is second nature for her. I presented to her as a discombobbled client that represented a person, two companies, and an estate. Her calm but thorough nature was exactly what a person in crisis needed. I am throughly pleased with her assistance.
No comments:
Post a Comment