Friday, February 3, 2012

What's it all about?

So I am feeling apologetic for comparing myself to a mythical being (a guardian angel) who serves as both a messenger of God and hyper-vigilant protector of humans from impending doom. I have cobbled the moniker from a couple of sources. As a Oncology RN, I have been called "an angel" by several of my former patients. Being built like a NFL lineman who took one too many seasons off, I have been called many things. But "angel" was not one of them.

After the death of my mother and last living immediate family member, I learned about guardianship and how they help others who can no longer help themselves. After a decade of pharmaceutical research, I was looking for a change. I took the class and became a National Certified Guardian in the State of Florida. A Guardian Angel had been created.

Just as with any blog, it will be a reflection of me. Just as with any person, I carry several personas: guardian, nurse, database designer, corporate trainer, small business owner, author, reiki master, hobby carpenter, divorcee, musician and so on.

Happy reading!